This thin crust artichoke and tomato pizza is a total showstopper, topped with mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil.
Alright: ready for an insanely good homemade pizza recipe? As you may know, Alex and I are very into homemade pizza: we’ve been researching the best way to make pizza for over 10 years. We’ve even traveled to Italy to do pizza research! (The best kind of research, really.) Now, we’ve made all sorts of pizzas over the years, from classic Margherita pizza to out of the box Mexican pizza. Today’s recipe is a classic pizza with a twist: artichoke and cherry tomato, with a thin crust pizza dough. It’s so, so delicious and it tastes just as good as these pictures make it look. Maybe better. Keep reading for this artichoke and tomato pizza recipe.
This pizza is very simple to make: especially because we decided to use our Thin Crust Pizza Dough. Instead of stretching the dough as in our standard pizza dough recipe, all you need to do is roll out the dough. This makes for more consistent results and makes the pizza a little healthier, since there is less crust!
- 1 ball Best Pizza Dough (or Food Processor Dough or Thin Crust Dough)
- 1/3 cup Best Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- Fine grating of Parmesan cheese
- 4 artichoke hearts, quartered
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Semolina flour or cornmeal, for dusting the pizza peel
- Make the pizza dough: Follow the Best Pizza Dough recipe to prepare the dough. (This takes about 15 minutes to make and 45 minutes to rest.)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F. OR preheat your pizza oven (here’s the pizza oven we use).
- Make the pizza sauce: Make the 5 Minute Pizza Sauce.
- Prepare the toppings: Quarter the artichoke hearts. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Thinly slice the basil.
- Bake the pizza: When the oven is ready, dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or semolina flour. (If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a rimless baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet. But a pizza peel is well worth the investment!) Stretch the dough into a circle; see How to Stretch Pizza Dough for instructions (or Thin Crust Dough if using thin crust). Then gently place the dough onto the pizza peel.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the dough using the back of a spoon to create a thin layer. Add the mozzarella cheese, then top with artichoke hearts and cherry tomatoes. Top with a few pinches of kosher salt.
- Use the pizza peel to carefully transfer the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake the pizza until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes in the oven (or 1 minute in a pizza oven).
- Top with sliced basil. Slice into pieces and serve immediately.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/artichoke-and-cherry-tomato-pizza/