This vegan polenta recipe comes out perfectly creamy: no dairy needed! Here’s how to make this Italian standard into a plant based side dish.
Usually polenta is stuffed with the brim with dairy. But guess what: you can make a creamy vegan polenta recipe with no dairy at all! Milk, butter and cheese normally play starring role in helping to achieve that signature texture. But here, veggie broth and cornmeal achieve the creamiest vegan polenta you can find. Whether you eat vegan on the regular or just want to eat more plant-based recipes, this one is for you! Now, let’s get cooking.
Some vegan polenta recipes use nutritional yeast to mimic a cheesy flavor. You could add this if you like, or even your favorite dairy-free cheese. However, you don’t need to add anything to this base recipe: it’s delicious with just salt and pepper!
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup medium grind cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Bring the vegetable broth to boil in a medium sauce pan. Once boiling, whisk in the cornmeal in a slow steady stream, whisking constantly to prevent lumps. Continue whisking until the polenta begins to thicken (around 1 to 2 minutes). Add 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Reduce the heat so that the polenta bubbles slowly. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes until the cornmeal loses its raw flavor (taste every so often to check).
- When the polenta is complete, turn off the heat and add the olive oil, and more kosher salt and pepper to taste. You can cover it to keep it warm before serving. If the polenta becomes too thick, you can stir in a bit of water to loosen it up.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/creamy-vegan-polenta-recipe/