This refreshing kale and beet salad recipe features raw beets, carrots, and pink grapefruit, tossed with a tangy grapefruit vinaigrette.
This refreshing salad brings some of that rainbow of new flavors to life. Who knew raw beets, kohlrabi (our new favorite winter vegetable!), carrots, and kale, tossed with a tangy and sweet grapefruit vinaigrette, could taste so good? We’ve added some pepitas for some salt and crunch, and grapefruit slices for sweetness (if you can stay patient enough to peel them!). We’re fair-weather beet fans ourselves, but we actually really liked them raw in this beet salad recipe. The beets add just the right raw crunch without being overpowering.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 bunch lettuce
- 1 kohlrabi
- 1 beet
- 2 carrots
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or pepitas
- Remove the stems from the kale and chop it into bite-sized pieces. Chop the lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Peel the kohlrabi, beet, and carrots and chop them into matchsticks (julienne) with a knife or using a food processor. Remove the sections from one half of the grapefruit and peel them.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice from the other half of the grapefruit, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil one tablespoon at a time until a creamy emulsion forms. Taste and add additional grapefruit juice as desired.
- To serve, place vegetables on serving plates or in bowls. Top with grapefruit vinaigrette and sunflower seeds or pepitas.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/beet-kale-and-kohlrabi-salad-with-grapefruit-vinaigrette/