These healthy rice bowls are a delicious vegetarian dinner recipe, filled with kale, red pepper, and portabello mushrooms, and topped with a fried egg.
Do you have recipes that are special to you not only for their taste, but for the people your shared them with? This healthy rice bowls recipe was born upon returning from our holiday road trip back from Minnesota. Fresh out of the car from a 10 hour drive, we were craving something restorative and vegetable-filled. Alex ran to the store and came up with this inspiration featuring our new rice cooker. We ate it together, basking in the glow of a dinner solo after days of parties with family and friends. Keep reading for the healthy rice bowls recipe!
We enjoyed these healthy rice bowls so much that we couldn’t stop making it for dinner guests, new friends and old. Our rice bowls are filled with brown rice, tasty, nutrient-filled veggies, a squeeze of lime, and topped a fried egg. Here’s a bit about how to make these healthy rice bowls.
- 2 1/2 cups long grain brown rice (uncooked)
- 2 red peppers
- 2 portabello mushrooms
- 2 bunches Tuscan kale
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 eggs*
- 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Cook the rice according to How to Cook Rice or use our Instant Pot method.
- While the rice cooks, prep the ingredients: Slice the red peppers and portabello mushrooms. Chop the kale into bite-sized pieces. Mince the garlic. Mince the ginger.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for about 30 seconds until the garlic just starts to turn brown. Add the red peppers and mushrooms and sauté for about 4 minutes. Season with a pinch of kosher salt and pepper. Add the kale and sauté until tender, another 4 minutes. Season with another pinch of kosher salt, the red pepper flakes, and soy sauce.
- While the vegetables are cooking, in another skillet cook the eggs over-easy.
- To serve, place rice in a bowl, then top with vegetables and egg. Serve with a squeeze of lime juice.
*For vegan, use our Best Lemon Tahini Sauce and omit the egg.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/healthy-rice-bowl-with-kale-red-pepper-and-egg/