These homemade kale baby food pouches are perfect for toddlers on the go! Filled with sweet potatoes and bananas, they’re always gone in a flash.
So, here’s our first baby food on A Couple Cooks: a homemade kale & sweet potato baby food recipe! And in honor of Father’s Day coming up, this recipe is themed around Larson and daddy. It was actually Alex who created this sweet potato baby food for his Daddy and Me dates with Larson. Daddy takes Larson on the most fun adventures: to the art museum, to the zoo, to the store, to IKEA. As a mama I prefer to stay around home or walk to the park, but when Alex is watching Larson, there’s always an adventure in store!
- 1 medium to large sweet potato
- 1 cup kale leaves*
- 1 cup Stonyfield organic plain yogurt or 2 plain YoBaby containers (or a flavor with no added sweetener)
- 1/2 banana
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Reusable pouches — we bought ours here
- Wash the sweet potato, then cook it using one of the following methods:
- Bake the sweet potato: Preheat oven to 450°F. Prick the potato with a fork several times. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then place the potato on top and bake until tender, around 45 minutes depending on the size of the potato (check whether it’s tender using a fork).
- Microwave: Microwave 1 sweet potato on high for 8-10 minutes until tender, turning halfway through.
- Instant Pot: Method coming soon!
- Cut the sweet potato into rough chunks. Roughly chop the kale.
- In a large blender, place the yogurt in the bottom of the blender, then the sweet potato, kale, banana, and salt. Blend until smooth, stopping and scraping down the blender as necessary with a spatula.
- Using a spatula, scrape the mixture into 4 reusable pouches. Refrigerate until using.
*Other green veggies you could use as a stand in: baby spinach, steamed green beans, or steamed broccoli.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/sweet-potato-kale-homemade-baby-food-pouch-recipe/