Bulgur wheat is a nutritious ancient whole wheat grain, and guess what? You can cook it in a pressure cooker. Here’s how to make Instant Pot bulgur.
Is bulgur wheat faster in an Instant Pot than on the stovetop? Not really. So why make it in an Instant Pot? Well, a pressure cooker is a totally hands off method: there’s no need to even boil water. Throw in the ingredients and you’re good to go: then finish dinner while the Instant Pot does its magic!
This Instant Pot bulgur recipe uses the low pressure setting of the pressure cooker. While that might not sound interesting in itself, out of all of our healthy Instant Pot recipes, this is the first one to use low pressure. So make sure to select the Low setting when you cook!
- 1 cup fine- or medium-grind bulgur wheat*
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add the bulgur wheat, water, and salt to the Instant Pot and stir. Lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Place the pressure release handle (vent) in the “Sealing” position.
- Cook on low pressure for 12 minutes: Press the Pressure Cook button, making sure the “Low Pressure” setting is selected, and set the time. Note that it takes about 5 minutes for the pot to “preheat” and come up to pressure before it starts cooking. (During cooking, avoid touching the metal part of the lid.)
- Quick release: Vent the remaining steam from the Instant Pot by moving the pressure release handle to “Venting”, covering your hand with a towel or hot pad. Never put your hands or face near the vent when releasing steam. Open the pressure cooker lid.
- Open the lid and fluff with a fork. Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
*Avoid coarse or extra-coarse bulgur, since the cooking instructions are different.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/instant-pot-bulgur-wheat/